Let me apologize to any new readers. I hate to think your introduction to my blog will be with this rant, but I’m afraid its unavoidable. Please bear with me as I have this cathartic moment. Thanks for your patience.
What Friends Don’t Do
What is a friend? What does the word mean? Let’s see (definition from Dictionary.com):
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5. (initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.
So a friend is someone who is friendly, on good terms with you, who supports you, or is otherwise attached to you by good feelings and/or affection.
So what do friends don’t do?
Friends don’t demean you or your writings by saying they are “reduced to reading your blog.” Friends don’t insult you every chance they get and treat you like your stupid or less intelligent than they are. A friend wouldn’t do that, because that’s far from having affection for or supporting someone you supposedly care about.
I won’t name any names here as to who it was who said this horrible thing to me, this faux friend, but I know what you are now. I WILL NOT make that mistake again!
You don’t deserve my friendship. You don’t deserve my loyalty. And you certainly don’t command my respect. Respect is for people who are supportive, who say kind things even when they think what you’ve written is shit. And you, Sir, have EPIC FAILED in that regard. So I owe you no respect, as you’ve proved you have none for me.
My respect is for my friends. I know who they are and I will waste no more time on you.
Now, back to my regularly scheduled posts. Thank you all for your patience.