The Racist Tenor of the 08 Presidential Election

In a typical racist fashion, a “man” holding a Curious George doll (a stuffed monkey) had wrapped an Obama bumper sticker around its head and was proclaiming it to be “Little Hussein” who “wants to learn the truth and see real Americans.”

Actions taken in the truest tactics of race-baiting. Is this all the Republicans have left? Stir up fears about race issues in a vain attempt to win the White House? Really? That’s all you’ve got?

How sad for you.

For more on the story, click here.

Advertisements

About WonderGoon

WonderGoon is seeking enlightenment and questions everything.
This entry was posted in Politics and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to The Racist Tenor of the 08 Presidential Election

  1. jessdibella says:

    Alright. So racist people exist. How about the BLACK baptist minister down the road from me, who personally told me he was interested in seeing a black man become president?

    There is nothing equalizing about voting for someone because they are black. It’s still racism, just in a different way.

    Both the blacks and whites are equally responsible for racism here. Obama’s campaign has pulled the race card more times than I can count, and for absolutely ridiculous reasons.

    The majority of McCain’s campaign is not racist. Neither is the majority of Obama’s. But, there are SOME in both sides. So, please, do me a favour and report it equally. It exists on both sides.

    I am one of the MANY who is voting for McCain, because they fear socialism will take hold of the nation. I do not fear a black man becoming president. I welcome it, as long as the man’s character and values represent the real America, not some pseudo-socialist handout scheme.

    The race-baiting is worse on your end, my friend. Please, try and see the forest for the trees.

    Like

  2. WonderGoon says:

    Jessdibella, first off, thanks for posting. It’s always good to see new people leave comments.

    Now, some responses. You said: “Alright. So racist people exist. How about the BLACK baptist minister down the road from me, who personally told me he was interested in seeing a black man become president?

    So a black Baptist minister wants a black president. So what? What does this prove?

    And the fact that “racist people exist” doesn’t excuse the reprehensible actions of that man. Don’t just shrug your shoulders, say “Oh well. Racists will be racists.” and walk away!

    If we as a nation are going to survive, we have to put these problems to rest once and for all. Being afraid of someone is not the way. Calling someone names and showing your ass in public is not the actions of a rational person.

    Passing the monkey off to a child is not the action of a responsible or mature person. If he were a true man, he would’ve stood up and answered questions about why he did it. He didn’t though. He passed the monkey off to a child seated near him and left.

    You said: “There is nothing equalizing about voting for someone because they are black. It’s still racism, just in a different way.

    I partially agree. If the only reason someone is voting for Barack Obama is because he is black, irregardless of the issues, I would agree with your statement.

    If, on the other hand, you believe that he is the best choice for the job, because of his stances on the issues, because of what he can do for this country, then no, its not racism.

    And the same can be said for women voting for Sarah Palin because she’s a woman. 😉

    You said: “Both the blacks and whites are equally responsible for racism here. Obama’s campaign has pulled the race card more times than I can count, and for absolutely ridiculous reasons.

    Can you show proof of this?

    You said: “The majority of McCain’s campaign is not racist. Neither is the majority of Obama’s. But, there are SOME in both sides. So, please, do me a favour and report it equally. It exists on both sides.

    Again, I’ve not seen any racist remarks or seen evidence of Obama’s campaign using the race card. Can you provide any proof of this? I would be interested in seeing it.

    And while its true that McCain’s campaign is not totally focused on the race issue, Sarah Palin has gone out of her way to bring race into the dialogue. Surely you see this, yes?

    You said: “I am one of the MANY who is voting for McCain, because they fear socialism will take hold of the nation. I do not fear a black man becoming president. I welcome it, as long as the man’s character and values represent the real America, not some pseudo-socialist handout scheme.

    If by socialist you mean helping those who need help, who are less fortunate, then yes I guess that can be considered socialism. However, I was raised with the ideals that we help those in need. We help those who can not help themselves.

    And if giving people who make less than $250,000 dollars a year a tax break, then I guess that’s socialism too. Senator Obama’s plan also calls for the elimination of taxes on senior citizens who make less than $50,000 a year. They won’t even have to file income tax returns.

    I know you’ve probably made up your mind already, but please, consider going to this site: Barack Obama’s Tax Plan and see for yourself.

    You said: “The race-baiting is worse on your end, my friend. Please, try and see the forest for the trees.

    And your proof of this is?

    Thanks again for commenting.

    Goon

    Like

  3. Kasey says:

    When you can’t win an argument, it’s a time honoured tradition to hit below the belt and be mean about things. I’ve been on the winning end of many an argument where the other individual starts slinging insults because they can’t win.

    McCain clearly can’t win on political points so he’s sending his Bulldog with Lipstick out to attack his opponent personally. Perhaps this is how we should all apply for jobs in the future. Attack the other candidates for the job like they do in politics.

    Like

  4. WonderGoon says:

    Very good point, Kasey.

    I don’t know that I would want to live in a society that thrives on that “mud slinging” lifestyle. I would go live in a cave somewhere, honestly.

    Hopefully, we can rise above that sort of “society” and have a better one, maybe one based on logic and common sense and not hateful, hurtful speech. (Yeah, I know. I can dream, right?)

    Thanks for commenting.

    Like

What do you have to add to the discussion?

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s